“When we share our vulnerable stories and breakthroughs, they can help create a bridge for another person to cross”. @shehasastory
Hey there! I’m Angela, creator of The Mental Refuge. I created this site to let others know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Being diagnosed with bipolar disorder in January 2017, I know what it’s like to live with a major mental illness.
I also know what it’s like to be a wife, mom, and a Christian while living with a mental illness, and how unbearably difficult that can be. My hope is that you come to this site and realize that you’re not alone. With the help of Jesus, therapy, medication, and sites like this…we can get through the trenches together.
So come join along…subscribe to the newsletter, read a blog post, listen to the podcast, or buy some inspirational shirts. Whatever helps you in your journey…I’m here for you.
Some things about me…
- I’ve been married to my best friend for almost 10 years – together for 15.
- We have two kids – an 8 year old sweet and shy boy, and a 6 year old full of life and loud little girl.
- We also have the sweetest English cocker, Benny who is a Valentine’s baby.
- We currently live in my husband’s grandparents house that his grandaddy built – over 70 years old and just over 1,000 sq. ft.
- My favorite meal is a good bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries.
- I work full-time at a psychosocial rehabilitation facility where I do peer support for people will all sorts of mental illnesses.
- I get migraines way too often so shoot me a message if you have any tips! Seriously!
- I’m really starting to enjoy this little life I’ve built for myself.